Skip to main content

Special ornaments for Special People

Sometimes you wonder how people manage to keep going through adversity. So many people have endured so much in these last few weeks and some in their lifetime! I can only imagine that it is faith, family, and hope that drives them to keep going. If you don't have these things then life can get you down. Every day I thank God for my family, friends, and the opportunity to take in another day. Yesterday I stupidly locked my keys and phone in the truck as I filled up with gas. I kept thinking how stupid it was and how could I have done that? Then I also thought that it was so trivial compared to what others have to face on a daily basis. In honor of those who have dealt with breast cancer, I wanted to make them something special to remind them that they are here for another Christmas and they are very much loved! So here is an ornament to be placed on their tree to remind them of the hope of things to come. I used a plastic round ornament and carefully pushed the quilled ribbon inside. I did not put this together inside the ornament in small sections with tweezers like I did with some of the other ornaments.

Comments

  1. That's really wonderful, Jennifer! My Mom is a survivor! Great post!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It seems like no matter who I meet or talk to, they or someone they know has been through! Glad to know your Mom made it through! My mother in law too is a survivor!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hope you've enjoyed! Please feel free to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ
View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3ap8Gc4