Skip to main content

A Candy Cane Christmas

I decided I wanted to try another quilled ornament and so I chose a candy cane pattern. I quilled the first red and white candy cane as a whole. I then quilled the green and white candy cane into two pieces so that it would fit into the top of my ornament. I put the red candy cane inside first and then glued the two green pieces using tweezers to glue them onto the whole red and white candy cane.. After waiting a while, I then glued the bow on top using the tweezers to gently place it on top of the candy canes inside the ornament. I think I like the contrast of the two colors!

Comments

  1. That's really lovely, Jennifer! It's like a ship in a bottle! lol Great job!...Nancy :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! It took a lot of time to figure out how to make it so I could put it together in the ornament! It's my friends fave out of all that I've done so far... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hope you've enjoyed! Please feel free to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ
View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3ap8Gc4