Skip to main content

♫ ♪ Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree ♪♫



 
Here you can see how the paper is crimped...


 
So all these images keep coming to mind on what kind of quilling-inside-an-ornament I can fathom up now.  Hmmmm.....done this, what about this kind of thing!  Well, I'm having a lot of fun trying out different projects and seeing what and how I can fit things inside those tiny little openings on the DIY ornaments.  This time I was thinking hard about a Christmas tree and how I could put it together inside the ornament and how I could decorate it.  Well, here are some pictures of my thought process and how it came about.  Sincere thanks again to Charlotte Canup of The Art of Quilling of whom I purchased the pattern to make a snowflake inside an ornament.  She inspired me to go crazy with the desire to see what else I could try!

Here I am rolling it with the quilling tool.
 
Here I've shaped them into squares...
 
It really is put together inside this flat plastic ornament!!! This is not made with an ornament that is made of two halves...

 

 
So here is my Christmas tree....I even added artificial snow for the ground! Now if I can only settle down and finish my Christmas shopping  :)

Comments

  1. Looks fabulous and love that you put it into the ornament to make a snowglobe
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! That means a lot coming from someone so talented! I appreciate any critique as well:)

      Delete
  2. Hey Jennifer, that was simply awesome. I have seen lot many embellishments and ornaments for the Christmas tree in this first Christmas in Canada, but yours' one stands out.. I really liked those square shapes. and btw, just for my info, where did you get this flat plastic from? Since shifting to Canada, I am hunting for my quilling and art supplies. I miss my art too...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deesha! I actually found them at several craft stores in varied shapes and sizes. I found round globed, flat round globes, and globes that came in halves. I found them at Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Jo-Ann's, and Wal-Mart craft stores. I prefer the flat round Fillable ornaments for building inside the ornament! I can't find them now after Christmas there, but I found some last few ones online. You can still find the ones that come in half online on Amazon.com.

      Delete
  3. As cute as a ship in a bottle! Quilling inside ornaments is something I've not tried yet, but you make it look easy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! As long as you don't mind figuring out how to build them and assemble them with tweezers inside, then you're okay! :)

      Delete
  4. I love how you put them in ornaments. My crafting abilities don't quite that far. Thanks for letting me visit and have a great New Year and stay away from the flu, it's seems to be everywhere.
    Susan
    http://joininandgogreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Susan! I checked out and enjoyed reading your blogs:). I have enjoyed quilling as of lately, but broke my pinky and had three different splints! 5 more weeks and I hope I'm back to normal ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hope you've enjoyed! Please feel free to leave a comment!

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ
View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3ap8Gc4