Skip to main content

Day 12 of #amonthinpaper from the @paperartistcollective challenge. In context- I would have to say that the majority of my pieces come from requests for unique and more personal gifts. It actually started with basic things like favorite colors and their initial. Then people asked for even more personal details like favorite sports, activities, pets, and especially memories. These are just a few of some of those requests. Requests for a couple who were married on the beach, a couple who loved Texas, a child who loves playing the drums, a child’s nursery gift who’s parents were geologists, a couple who shared a memory of a beautiful trek (down to the color of backpacks they carried), and even a beloved pet. I put my heart and soul into my pieces and connect with my customers. That’s the context of my art and how it fits into the world and how it comes about…. if you scroll through my posts, you can see more. I get so much satisfaction from creating such personal art. #lovewhatido #passionforpaper #stateart #jenniferstacey #quillingfun #quillingfunonetsy #customart #customdecor #custommonograms #paperart #papercreations #artincontext #quilling #quilled #paperquilledart #texasart #memoriesforlife #memoriesinthemaking #memoryart #amonthinpaperday12 #typographyinspired #papertype

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/30l4GW8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ

Quilled Ballerina

Quilled Ballet,  Dancer I wanted to try something challenging and I saw a picture of a ballerina that I thought might be the one. Well, here it is....I used a combination of beehive and regular quilling. This is in honor of my daughter turning 13 today! Happy Birthday!!! Quilled Ballerina Quilled Ballerina