Skip to main content

Dance Teacher and Staff Appreciation Card

Quilled ballet shoe with quilled flowers
Since being home with my son who is sick, I took a few minutes to put together the card for the dance studio.   

I used 1/8th width quilling paper for the pointe shoe, rose, leaves, borders, and flower.  The words I just printed out using Microsoft Works and for the polka dot paper, I used some scrapbook paper and scalloped edge scissors.

Dancer Teacher poem on quilled card
















    On the inside of the card, I used a poem called "Eyes Upon A Dance Teacher" from this website http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/chezsarah/bpoems.html .  It is a site that has a lot of dance teacher poems.  I changed it by taking out the reference to a "little girl" to make it less "little girl" since my daughter has gotten older.  There are some great poems on this site.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ
View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3ap8Gc4