Skip to main content

Best Damn Turkey Marinate

Every Thanksgiving we spend a day prepping and preparing food for our Thanksgiving feast. Don’t get me wrong, I am no chef. I don’t even really like to cook. However, my family knows food and we love to eat so when we find a recipe that we really love, I try and save it.

For about 4 years, hubby has fried a turkey and to me, once we went there, it was no going back. The flavor is to die for, the tenderness on the inside,and the crispness on the outside just make it exceptional.

We’ve tried quite a few marinate injections and finally decided on this one. It’s got the best flavor and you don’t have to season the outside of the turkey. It’s just overkill if you do.

The beer you ask? I don’t like beer, but man in this recipe it’s amazing.Oh, and don’t let the amount of Tabasco sauce fool you….it’s just enough to tickle your taste buds.

Let me know what you think if you try it….

SAFETY NOTES- 1) Do NOT put a frozen turkey in hot oil. Thaw at least four days beforehand. If it’s even remotely questionable, just don’t! Not unless you want to get the firemen to come. It’s not pretty….trust me. 2) Put the turkey in slooooowwww and wear a heat protectant glove. 3) Make sure your oil is regulated and you check the temp frequently. 4) Have questions about how to fry a turkey? Follow this link…https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/deep-fried-turkey-recipe-1940252

Here is the link for the marinate recipe…https://www.thespruceeats.com/beer-n-butter-poultry-injection-335302

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ

Quilled Ballerina

Quilled Ballet,  Dancer I wanted to try something challenging and I saw a picture of a ballerina that I thought might be the one. Well, here it is....I used a combination of beehive and regular quilling. This is in honor of my daughter turning 13 today! Happy Birthday!!! Quilled Ballerina Quilled Ballerina