Skip to main content

Quilled Breast Cancer Ribbon

A friend of mine had previously gone through breast cancer. Since then, she has participated in the Relay for Life to celebrate her win against that battle and to help raise money for others. She asked if I would make something for her to auction off, so I did.

I decided to paint an 11×14″ canvas with pearlescent pink and opaque, glittery paints. I applied them by dabbing with circular sponges except where I had applied vinyl cut outs for the words, hearts, and ribbon. Once it had dried, I peeled off the vinyl and I used 1/2″ hand cut strips to outline the ribbon and 1/8″ precut quilling strips to outline the words and hearts. I then filled in the Ribbon with flowers and swirls, while using the beehive technique to fill in the hearts  and words. I then used the glitter paint to go over the top of the quilled parts to give them a sparkly effect as well.


I hope you love the way it turned out, and I hope this helps a great cause. Too many people I know have had to fight some type of cancer…



Tagged: Breast cancer, quilled, quilling, relay for life
img_9120-1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ

Quilled Ballerina

Quilled Ballet,  Dancer I wanted to try something challenging and I saw a picture of a ballerina that I thought might be the one. Well, here it is....I used a combination of beehive and regular quilling. This is in honor of my daughter turning 13 today! Happy Birthday!!! Quilled Ballerina Quilled Ballerina