Skip to main content

Markham Woods Presbyterian Summer Day Camp

Okay- so this is Week One (Arts and Crafts). I must admit that my kids are having a blast. I mean really enjoying themselves and getting up and ready to go in the mornings. So far in the first two days they have made paper mache' animals, an art journal for daily drawing, and plaster of paris masks. My son was bragging about his snake that he made and how he wants to paint it. My daughter created a horse! Imagine that...and today when they did the plaster of paris, they actually let the teachers put vaseline on first, then saran wrap, then the plaster strips. Can you believe MY son staying still long enough for the plaster to harden on his face no less??? He hasn't stayed still that long in a long time. On Friday, they had an art show that displayed all of their hard work. Parents of the little ones and the older ones were amazed at how much they did this week. They have learned alot and I'm sure this will be an experience for them to remember! Congrats MWPC!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quilled Horseback Rider

I have a close friend who has trusted me to create several pieces for her and this was one of them. It makes me happy to have a new challenge and this was indeed one. I used a photo given to me as a reference and quilled atop a print out of it. I have the photo cut out in my pocket protector and am quilling on top of it careful not to glue the paper to the plastic. I use straight pins to hold it together until it dries. Here I’ve taken the quilled rider and horse off of the styrofoam backing and added to a background I added of layered trees. Here’s the final piece…

I’m out of toilet paper so I wiped with them all the way y’all…🤣🤣🤣 #humorfortheday #neededalaugh #tphumor

View on Instagram https://ift.tt/3dl61SQ

Quilled Ballerina

Quilled Ballet,  Dancer I wanted to try something challenging and I saw a picture of a ballerina that I thought might be the one. Well, here it is....I used a combination of beehive and regular quilling. This is in honor of my daughter turning 13 today! Happy Birthday!!! Quilled Ballerina Quilled Ballerina